This is some of the funniest stuff I’ve seen on the Internet in years. Sean Tejaratchi (@ShittingtonUK on Twitter), maybe best-known for his magazine Crap Hound (which is unrelated to the Cory Doctorow blog with the same name), creates fake ads and book covers. They are in the same vein as SomethingAwful’s Photoshop Phriday (which… Continue reading Liar Town USA
“Paradigm is a surreal adventure game set in the strange and post apocalyptic Eastern European country of Krusz. Play as the handsome mutant, Paradigm, who’s past comes back to haunt him in the form of a genetically engineered sloth that vomits candy.” – Author’s description
Purchase on Steam (Windows, Mac)
9 seasons… and a sauce!
“A haunted hotel, an abandoned circus, a burnt-out pillow factory, a dead body pixelating under the bridge, toilets that run on vacuum tubes… you’ve never visited a place like this before. – Author’s description
Purchase on Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)
Purchase on GOG (Windows, Mac, Linux)
This was entered into the 9th Casual Gameplay Design Competition where it lost the 3rd-place slot by something like 1/100 of a point.
There are no graphics, but there is no typing either, as there was in Zork and those other classic Infocom games. Instead, every few paragraphs the reader is presented with a multiple choice about how the plot should unfold. It’s a fascinating and unique genre.
The prior examples of ChoiceScript games I had seen were quite dramatic, so I wanted to do something more whimsical. With the 1980s on the brain I decided that “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” would be an appropriate starting point and I tried to channel the spirit of Douglas Adams as I wrote the game.
I’m in discussion with the guys who wrote ChoiceScript about porting the game to a mobile app, but that is still in the works.
This was in my inbox:
Top 17 Country & Western Songs
17. I Hate Every Bone In Her Body But Mine
16. It’s Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed Your Ass Out All Day Long
15. If I Can’t Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You
14. If The Phone Don’t Ring, You’ll Know It’s Me
13. How Can I Miss You If You Won’t Go Away?
12. I Liked You Better Before I Got To Know You So Well
11. I Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim’s Getting Better
10. I Wouldn’t Take Her To A Dogfight ‘Cause I’m Afraid She’d Win
9. I’ll Marry You Tomorrow But Let’s Honeymoon Tonight
8. I’m So Miserable Without You It’s Like You’re Still Here
7. If I Had Shot You When I First Wanted To, I’d Be Out Of Prison By Now
6. My wife Ran Off With My Best Friend And I Sure Do Miss Him
5. She Got The Ring and I Got The Finger
4. You’re The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly
3. Her Teeth Was Stained But Her Heart Was Pure
2. She’s Looking Better After Every Beer
And the Number One song is . . .
1. I Ain’t Never Gone To Bed With an Ugly Woman, But I’ve Sure Woke Up With A Few